Monday, October 6, 2008

4 months

This morning was Sophia's 4-month-check-up. She is now 15 lbs 9 oz (90%) and 24.5 inches long (75%). Considering she was in the 50 percentile for her 1 month visit and 75 percentile for her 2 month visit, we no longer have any worries about her eating. She is in her 9 months clothing, but I'm guessing she won't stay there very long.

The doctor recommended we start her on rice cereal and move into solids. Moms and Dads out there, let us know your experience and how you did it. What brand did you buy? How did it go?

Since the last post, Dave got a new camera for his birthday. It is a Canon digital SLR. I signed him up for some camera classes. He will be getting a tripod at some point so that he too can be documented in the family events. I'm going to leave it him to post the pictures, so you'll have to check back later for those updates.

Miss Sophia has progressed well with her sleeping also. She sleeps between 11 and 13 hours a night. She started waking up at night when it got cold at night here. I bought her some heavier sleepers and a little space heater and she is now sleeping like a champ again. On Sunday, she took 6 hours of naps and was only awake 4 hours total that day. She usually only naps twice during the day and for only 1 hour at a time plus a quick nap in her stroller in the late afternoon when we go for a walk.

A quick round up of other developments:
-She is sitting up with assistance in her exersaucer, on our laps, and in her bumbo (video in next post)
-She rolled over 4 times about a month ago and hasn't done it again since. The Dr. said most babies don't roll over until 5 months, so we don't know what that was about. There's video there that I think Dave already posted.
-She went to the babysitter WHILE awake for the first time. Thanks to Marcela, Nikki & Ivan, and the grandparents.
-Dave's parents came for a week and had a blast with Miss Sophia. They helped entertain Miss Sophia while I got the house a little cleaner.
-I went to work for three days and left her w/ Dave and his parents. The first morning was a little hard. The second day, I stayed late to go to a reception after the conference. She was in good hands.
-She is babbling.
-She is ticklish, especially under her right arm.

Things are going to be changing in October. Wednesday is Dave's last day at Duke until January 12th. I go back to work October 20th. I'm very proud of Dave for taking his FMLA time to spend with Sophia and get to know our daughter even better. I'll only be 3 minutes away, so I can always come visit during lunch, which makes the transition easier for me.

Miss Sophia is waking up from her nap now. Best wishes.

Michele

1 comment:

Dave Lennon said...

For what it is worth, I have no video evidence that she ever rolled over. Lots of video evidence that I tried to get video evidence, but that's not quite the same. :)